June 25, 2008

Photo-Animation...

A.K.A Photoshop. Last night I posted the previous blog about 30 Rock coming to DVD. This morning I logged on to view that blog and I noticed something very interesting on the cover of the DVD set. All five of those actors are actually there in the picture. They weren't shot separately and then edited together. They were actually standing next to each other and all posing at the same place and time. I don't know why, but I keep noticing movie covers where they have to photoshop all the actors together and I've never understood it. And to be honest. I find it sort of annoying. For Example:



Really, how hard is it to actually get all the actors together for a picture? They just filmed an entire movie together. You'd think they'd take the time for a photoshoot. So, I'd just like to say "Good Job!" to the photographer and cast of 30 rock for doing something that makes sense.
P.S. If you can't tell a difference in the movies I compared with to 30 Rock, then look closer at each person's outline. Also shadows. Like on the cover of Be Cool. They're all standing very close but no one has the shadow of somebody else on them.