May 23, 2007

Hobo: Day 4

I have now spent a total of three nights in my car. Yesterday I realized that I need to start thinking about organization with my stuff. I had been carrying all of my clothes in the trunk of my car. This made it very difficult to find something to wear every day. So I went through every piece of clothing that I have. Anything that I don't wear, I put i my storage unit. Everything else is organized in separate duffel bags in my trunk. This alone made a huge difference in the time it takes for me to get ready in the morning.
One other problem that I ran into was that I don't own any shaving cream. I'm afraid that if I buy some and keep it i my car, the afternoon heat will cause it to explode. I do not yet know what to do about this problem. This morning I had to go to my parents house to shave.
Other than that, this project is going very well. I'll try to have some pictures posted on my next blog so that you can see my living arrangement.

5 comments:

Dizzle said...

Dearest Adam,

I love hearing of your adventures in you car.

I love you car. I love you hobo-ness.

dizzle

Mark Nott said...

I wonder how many homeless people blog.

Unknown said...

Yeah... A couple questions!
- Why are you doing this?
- How long do you plan to do it?
- What do you eat?

I'm very interested in this project. I'm looking forward to more posts.

-Radam

Zachary said...

Hey Cuz-

Nice project! Good luck with it. How long are you planning to be a hobo? My biggest question is where are you able to park overnight without being harassed by our beloved officers of the law?

Also...Shaving Gel. You can buy it non-cans that won't explode in the sun. Or you can store regular cans under your car seats to prevent extensive heating.

Much love and respect!

HelloBridgett said...

Adam,

Wow! You know, I remember growing up you always said that you wanted to be a hobo. I am glad to see you are making your dreams come true. Some people might see this as strange, some might even wonder if you need some counseling. The point is that you are doing something you have always wondered about and wanted to do. For that I commend you. Not many people have the guts to follow their dreams. (luckily you are in a position that you can do this without a family to take care of)

I still scratch my head as to why you would want to live in your car, but I guess that is why you are Adam.

Another idea on the shaving cream: You could try to just use soap, I know its not as great as shaving cream, but it will cut down on the cost of your hobo life.

I also have a question. What about showering? Do you go to friends houses or something? Maybe I don't want to know, if so please disregard this question.

Your Favorite cousin, Bridgett